There’s still time to become a candidate for Student Government for the 2019-2020 academic year. Applications for candidacy are being accepted until Thursday to fill the following positions:
- SGA President and Vice President
- Student Representative to the Board of Governors
- Royal Court (Freshman-Senior Kings and Queens)
- Ms. State
- Mr. State
- One Natural Sciences & Mathematics Senator
- One Business and Social Sciences College Senator
- One Professional Studies Senator
- One Arts and Humanities Senator
- 4 College Ambassadors
SGA President and Vice President must run on the same ticket and have completed 45 credit hours. All positions are a 12 month term. Students graduating in December 2019 are not eligible to run. All positions require a 2.7 GPA with the exception of Royal Court, Student Senators, and College Ambassadors, which require a 2.5 GPA.
If you are interested in running, visit http://www.wvstateu.edu/Current-Students/Student-Government-Association.aspx to print and fill out an application. Please make sure to fill out the application in its entirety. Campaigning period for prospective candidates will run Monday, April 8 through Thursday, April 11.
Watch the YJ for candidates profiles.