You can’t say there’s nothing to do if you read the YJ weekly list of things to do on or off campus. Suggestions or recommendations? Tell us at email@example.com.
- Comrades – Rock City Cake Company will host a show for fans of indie and post-rock, with headliner Comrades playing with bands Yearling, Homesick, and New Cult. Tickets are $7. This show is on Friday, Feb. 22, doors open at 6 p.m.
- Vision Board Workshop – the Cross Lanes Public Library is hosting a free vision board workshop to help inspire you to reach your goals; all you need to bring is a pair of scissors! Registration is required and may be done at the Kanawha Library website at kanawhalibrary.org. This workshop is in the Community Room on Saturday, Feb. 23 at 11 a.m.
- International Combat Sports 6: Combat Cup 2019 – this is an 8-man wrestling tournament to crown a new International Combat Sports Grand Champion and a semi-main event for the AIWF Heavyweight Title Match. Tickets start at $10. This event is at the Dunbar Rec Center Saturday, Feb. 23, and doors open at 6:30 p.m.
- Zombie Laser Tag – located 15 minutes away from State in Winfield, Fear on the Farm will be hosting Zombie Laser Tag for those who need their spooky fix. There will also be “The Last Ride” coffin ride. Tickets for Zombie Laser Tag are $15, and tickets for your “Last Ride” are $5. These lively events are Saturday, Feb. 23 from 5-11 p.m.
- Sunday Jams: West Virginia Youth Symphony Chamber Ensembles – join the WV Youth Symphony for an afternoon of live classical music. This performance is at the Kanawha County Public Library on Sunday Feb. 24 at 2 p.m.